- Links to "do it yourself Small Engine Repair"
- Briggs & Stratton Small Engine Repair
- Repair Clinic Small Engine Repair
Larry’s Small Engine Repair, LLC is located in NW Houston/Cypress, TX. It is a locally owned and operated business that provides quality work at affordable rates on 2 & 4 cycle small engine repair and generator repair in Houston, TX. My goals are to offer quality work at lower costs with a quicker turnaround time. I base my business on "honesty and integrity," which are very important to me and they are the best two traits that a person can possess.
You can contact me at (832)-643-2315 or send an email using my Contact Page. I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason that I deem appropriate. It is better to call rather than send me a message without any specific details. For example, today 7/26, I got an email and it said "I have a mower that runs goods but does not cut grass, how much to repair it?" The more information that you can provide me, then I might have a better idea of the what the problem is. I quit giving exact quotes over the phone because 75% of the time the equipment/problem is not as described to me.
Forms of Payment Accepted: Cash, Credit Cards & checks within Harris County
Business Hours: M - F 9:00 am - 6:00 pm Sat. 10:00 - 2:00 pm
My site serves two purposes; advertisement and to inform the public about who I am and how I operate my business. I believe "transparency," is critical to operate you business in with that in mind. Most companies will not build a website with the intent to disclose information about how they operate, why? This site was built and designed by me which was a challenge and it is an example of what a person can do it they set their mind to it. I am not educated but I do have an above average IQ and a mechanical aptitude.
Approximately 50% of all repair work can be prevented and I made it a policy not to advise or educate the General Public in regards to preventive maintenance. By today's standards it is a liability to me and it is contrary to the beliefs of some people. There is an appropriate amount of information in the owners manual that came with the machine, if you do not have it then there is always the internet.
- I take work by appointment only to prevent having a back log of work and it allows me the flexibility to change my schedule depending on the status of other jobs that are pending. I work on more than one at a time and after hours if I feel like it, I will go to my shop and work outside my business hours because that is my choice.
- If you want to schedule an appointment regarding a repair on your equipment that is fine, but I will not spend 30 minutes discussing a problem without first looking at the machine or equipment. Read my reviews on Google then you understand why, there is one in particular that fits this scenario.
- I do not give advice to people that want to resolve a problem or fix their equipment. It is a liability issue and I do not get compensated nor do I get a simple thank you.
- I will ask you a few simple questions so I can try to understand the scope of the work you want done and determine if it is something that I can or willing to attempt to repair it or if it is even cost effective.
- I will not attempt to diagnose or give you a quote based on information that you verbally provide me with. See the example that I provided in paragraph two above.
- Note: If I do not answer within 4 -5 rings do not leave a message because I do not always get my messages in a timely manner. If you leave a message then I will not see a missed call. I had a man call, so I returned his call in two minutes and he said "if you have a business then you need to answer the blank blank black phone." There was absolutely no reason to say that to me because I had to finish bolting a part on and wipe my hands, doctors do not answer the phone if they are performing surgery.
- Note: If it is not possible for me to answer the phone then, I will contact you when it is convenient. Send me a brief message using the contact form or text message and I return your call ASAP.
- For the past seven years I have went over and beyond to accommodate people (working nights & weekends), and they never show up or have the courtesy to call let me know they changed their mind or etc. From this point forward, my personal time is my time unless you are willing to pay for it or make arrangements.
I know and understand that it is difficult to communicate with some people due to personality conflicts and some can be difficult at best to deal with. I do not have the time nor the patience to deal with people like that. If that is the case then, I will tell you "in the best interest of both parties" I think that it would best to take your work elsewhere. A situation like that just makes it counter-productive and difficult, so I won't go there.
I was so upset after a very rude and obstinate man called me and it completely distracted me, and I made a simple mistake that cost me a new engine. I forgot to pour the oil in the engine before I started it and it was sitting right next to mower. That is why I don's answer the phone sometimes, people do not realize how many calls I can or get or get during the course of a day. It is much simpler to send me a message using the contact form or the contact page on the Home Page of my website.