Larry’s Small Engine Repair, LLC is located in NW Houston/Cypress, TX. It is a locally owned and operated small engine repair shop that provides quality work at affordable rates on 2 & 4 cycle small engines on Generators, Pressure Washers, Lawn Mowers, Blowers, Chain Saws and Misc. Equipment. You can contact me at (832)-643-2315 or send a message using my Contact Page. This page summarizes how I conduct my business and, so you may find the answer to your question here.
I will not diagnose your machine when you drop it off with me, I require a deposit for diagnostics and repairs. Regardless of how simple or complex it may be I am not going to diagnose your problems for free. It takes more than a quick look or walk around to determine what the problem or problems may be. I do not work on machines or equipment that you have attempted to repair unless you inform me upfront and willing to pay the time and labor necessary to repair it.
- There is an upfront Diagnostic fee of $60 on lawn mowers & pressure washer’s engines & etc. I require $150+ on larger engines such as Generators or larger equipment which is applied to the final bill. This is a non-refundable deposit, and it is applied to the final bill. Time and labor are not free.
- NOTE: In some cases 1 – 2 parts may have to be replaced to find the root cause problem, if that is the case, then I will contact you before I perform any work. Additional parts must be paid for in advance before proceeding with the work. The following two paragraphs explain why I had to change my policy, it is becoming a big problem, so I had to do something to stop the loss of my time and money.
- I had to change one of my policies effective 3/10/2018. Read the two paragraphs below, so you understand, and it is posted on my services page as well.
Here is an example from three days ago 3/9/2018, I received a 13 yr. old Honda pressure washer and a 2016 Troybilt Edger from a man by the name of Vern, I encountered three problems with the Pressure Washer and two with the Edger because someone had already attempted to repair both of them. I called Vern to inform him about situation, I told him what I found, someone had attempted to repair both machines.
He said no, not unless my son tried to fix them. Having to come behind someone and figure out what they did was only going to increase the repair costs. I contacted Vern and explained the situation to him, and I spent time replacing a couple of bad parts on each machine. I still had to finish the diagnosis and found a couple more problems that need to be repaired in order to complete the diagnosis/repairs. The engine has to run, but if it does not fire or get gas it is not going to run, but he thought otherwise. Vern tore my head off, and said he is not going to pay the repair cost. Vern also signed a repair invoice agreeing to those terms, so caveat venditor!!!
My scope of work includes the following:
- Engine Repair & Replacement – 2 & 4 Cycle
- Repairs not just related to engines only.
- Authorized Repair Center for Coleman, Champion, Generac and Winco Generators
- Diagnosis, Engine Repair, Alternator Repair & Load Bank Testing
My goals are to offer quality work at lower costs with a quicker turnaround time. I base my business on “honesty and integrity,” which are very important to me. It is reflected in our work ethics and our daily lives. I designed and built this website for two reasons, advertisement and to maintain transparency in my business.
My Motto is “Focus On What You Do Best And Let Me Focus On What I Do Best.”
- I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason that I deem appropriate.
- Forms of Payment Accepted: Cash, Credit Cards & checks within Harris County
- Business Hours: M – F 9:00 am – 6:00 pm Sat. 10:00 – 2:00 pm I will make exceptions, if prior arrangements are made.
Approximately 75% of all repair work can be prevented and my business is about repairing equipment and small engines not advising the General Public on preventative maintenance or how to repair equipment. There is an appropriate amount of information in the owners manual that came with the machine, if you do not have it then there is always the internet.
- I do not give advice on how to resolve problems because it is a liability issue nor do I get compensated for it. I take work by appointment only to prevent having a back log of work and it allows me the flexibility to work on more than one job at a time because I am responsible for all aspects of my business.
- Please do not park in the street, I will not look at, unload or load a piece of equipment in the street.
- If you want to call to schedule an appointment regarding a repair on your equipment that is fine, but I cannot diagnose a problem without first seeing it.
- If you call, I will ask you a few simple questions, so I can try to understand the scope of the work you want done and determine, if it is something that I can or willing to attempt to repair.
- I will not attempt to diagnose or give you a quote based on information that you provide me with. There is an old saying about making assumptions and I have seen it too many times, when I get a piece of equipment it is not as described or expected.
- If I do not answer, leave a voice message or send a message via my Contact Page with a number that you can be reached at. I will not engage in a chain of text messages because it does not get anything resolved.
- I will either send you a message and/or return your call ASAP.
- For the past seven years I have went over and beyond to accommodate people (nights & weekends), and they never show up or have the courtesy to call let me know that they changed their mind or etc.
- I know and understand “Diversity,” and why some people cannot communicate with other people for various reasons which makes for a difficult situation. I will tell you that “in the best interest of both parties” it would best to take your work elsewhere. Lost money is better than a disagreement or difference of opinions. I will break down the term Diversity for those who are ignorant, and do not know what it means. Although it is not applicable to the content of this page, I have added the meaning of what Diversity means and how it impacts communications between people.
- Age, why? The difference is in the way different generations communicate with each other. Baby Boomers, Generation X, and Millennial’s.
- Race and Ethnicity.
- Sexual Orientation.
- Socioeconomic Status.